Friday, August 5, 2011

Garden Fresh Rhubarb Crumble

Rhubarb crisp is one of my favourite desserts and I've always been excited when someone has made one for dessert and shared it with me.  But, I've recently learned how easy it is to make.  Since, I've made four batches in the last two weeks.  So tart and comforting.  Time to share the recipe.  It's that good.

(This is a really rough estimate.  I didn't measure anything and added additional rhubarb and flour.  And, it worked)
5 Cups Rhubarb
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Regular Oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 Cup + 1-2 Tablespoon flour
5 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 400. 
Pick rhubarb from garden 

7-8 stalks


Chop rhubarb and add flour and brown sugar

Mix

In separate bowl or mixer; add butter, sugar, oats and flour

Mix

Put chopped rhubarb mixture in casserole dish, pack down

Add rolled oats topping over rhubarb and pack down

Place in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown on top

Dish into bowl and serve with ice cream!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment